Is this plug-in ever going to support JIRA?

Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

I'm currently evaluating Kerberos based SSO solutions for JIRA and found the following plug-in.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/fi.polarshift.confluence.lib.kerberosLib

This one is for confluence and I'm wondering if this is ever going to support JIRA.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Hello Sameera,

You may want to drop the creator of the plugin a line info@polarshift.fi

I don't recall seeing anyone from polarshift on Answers. The plugin vendor is going to be the best party to answer roadmapping and compatability questions for their plugin.

Ellen rightly points out that there are a number of other solutions including ones from AppFusions that may address your needs. If your question is specific to this plugin email is likely your best bet.

Once you find out the answer please get this information back out to the community here on Answers I am sure this is not the first time that someone has wondered about compatability for this plugin.

2 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

AppFusions Kerberos SSO solutions supports JIRA -

Have deployed it many times, large and small networks. It is a very methodical deployment with our assistance to ensure success only.

https://www.appfusions.com/display/KBRSCJ/Home

info@appfusions.com

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

Sure - absolutely. Honestly - I encourage customers all the time to do that, in fact..

No worries! :)

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

I've seen this solution as an answer to several questions related to SSO and Kerberos. Before making a choice we need to evaluate other solutions as well.

Thanks!

0 votes
Michel KATZ November 11, 2013

Hello Sameera,

I'm looking for a SSO solution for Jira 6.1 and crowd 2.7.

The appfusion plugin is running on Jira 5.1.5 and crowd 2.4, but I don't receive any information for Jira 6.1 and crowd 2.7.

Let's know what do you find ?

Thx

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2013

Didn't you try to contact AppFusions on that? I think it's the best way to get information.

Suggest an answer