Is there support for JIRA/Slack integration for a Confluence issue collector?

Jamie Rodgers June 15, 2017

I've set up a JIRA/Slack integration between a private channel and a JIRA board. This works fine when I create issues manually on the board in JIRA.

I also have an Issue Collector set up on a Confluence page to automatically create issues on my JIRA board when people use it.

What I want to do is have notifications on my Slack channel when someone creates an issue on my JIRA board using the Issue Collector. 

However, when I try and test the integration it doesn't appear to work. My JQL query on the JIRA/Slack integration is simply the project - but it only registers issues that are manually created through JIRA.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Shahrum Amiri August 24, 2017

Did you ever discover a solution to this? I have the same problem. If I add an item to my backlog in Jira, it triggers a Slack alert but if someone creates an item using our issue collector on Confluence, nothing gets posted (even though the issue created ends up in the same spot i.e. the backlog). 

Jamie Rodgers August 25, 2017

Unfortunately not - I don't think this is supported currently, if you find out whether it is let me know!

Suggest an answer