Is there something like the confluence "jira macro" available in JIRA proper?

Jon Abad January 13, 2015

Is there something like the confluence "jira macro" available in JIRA proper?

When you enter an issue key into a wiki-formatted field, you get a hyperlink: yay!

I would like to have the option to include the issue name like you get with the JIRA Macro.

Has anyone tackled this?

2 answers

0 votes
Anthony De Moss (test) February 11, 2015

Hi Jon,

we've developed the  Quick Suggest Macros plugin. It adds autocompletion for all existing macros, as well as some additional new macros. One of the new macros is an {issue} link, which allows you to define which fields should show in the generated link.

As a bonus, there is also an issue table, which allows you to show the results of an exiting JIRA filter or JQL query inline, within a ticket description or comment.

Cheers,
Anthony 

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

Unfortunately this functionally does not exist in JIRA itself. I would recommend to you to create a Improvement request to our developers at jira.atlassian.com.

A poor substitute to the JIRA macros I use is HTML code in fields which allow rich text, with the help of a text expander sometimes

-Teilor

Suggest an answer