Is there possible way to show the field "created" in JIRA dashboard ?

Muthu July 13, 2021

I created JIRA dashboard to view the two dimensional filter issue in which I need to show the value in the field "created" under "Y axis". I couldn't able to select this field since it is not showing in the drop down list. is there way to achieve this ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

The two-dimensional grid can only work with list type fields on its axis, not free-form unlimited data fields.  Dates are not list types.

There isn't an easy way to "fix" this, you would need to write your own gadget that would be able to treat dates as lists, or possibly write something that could take any date on an issue and save it as an option in a select-list then write it to the issues as well.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Muthu, maybe if you step back and convey what’s your real goal is there may be another solution. In other words instead of focusing on the implementation let’s focus on the actual goal.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer