Is there possibility to ad after "done" column in Kanban board on more column who will act the same? More details in description

Janis Lama February 28, 2017

Hey, I have a board with normal flow - to do, in progress, done. I want to add column "For retrospection" after done column so that there are some issues which are done, but we want to do smth with them after some time when those are done:

image2017-3-1 9:58:34.png

The problem is that in current picture done status is not more acting as done - done issues are visible in backlog. 

So basically I need two "green" columns - Done and For Retrospection. I use scramban approach, backlog view for much better backlog management and never ending Sprint for Kanban flow. I know that I can also use labels or smth else to filter out such items "For Retrospection", but we want to uses such visualization.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2017

The problem you are having is that your "done" column is absolutely not "done" at the moment.

It's a bit more complex than what I'm about to say, but the simple answer is "done is the far right hand column".  You need to move your done column to the right.

To answer the original question, no, you can't have two "done" columns and get the behaviour you want.  An issue must be in the last column on the board to be seen as "done".  After you've fixed that, you should probably move your "restrospection" status into it as well, or consider removing it from the board entirely and having another Kanban board to help you identify done/cancelled/retrospection after you've got to "done"

Suggest an answer