Is there other ways users can submit JIRA CORE tasks / tickets?

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Besides for clicking create and filling out the form, is there another way CORE users can input content into JIRA?

Thanks for any input!

- Jonathan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi @Jonathan Smith ,

Users could submit JIRA tickets via email with the appropriate setup, though stripping out email signatures can be a challenge!

There would also likely be some manual steps / updates you'd need to make after, as they would only be able to submit limited information - really this setup (in my experience) works best when paired with some automation (see JIRA automation plugin for example)

- Alex

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

Alex,

Thanks for the information! I'll definitely check this out.

I'll have the added challenge of working with Lotus Notes :P

- Jonathan

Like Alex Laycy likes this
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2019

@Alex Laycy 

I was able to set up the incoming mail, thank you so much!

In regards to the JIRA automation, what was your use case for using that plugin with incoming mail? 

We currently have JSU Automation Suite add-on, so depending on your answer, I'll see if this add-on can do something similar. If it can't, maybe I can get approval for purchasing JIRA Automation :) 

- Jonathan

Suggest an answer