Is there away to bulk close issues in Jira Service Desk?

In JIRA I can add myself to the Bulk permissions and in the tools menu choose the bulk close action on my search results, is there a way of doing this with issues raised in JIRA service desk please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Oct 19, 2016

Warren,

i'm confused by your post. Are you trying to perform bulk operations on a filtered list? That is the same for JSD as it is JSW. Just go to Issues, enter the desired JQL and perform a bulk operation.

I think I understand what he's attempting as I have the same question.  If you have a number of Service Desk tickets linked together, is there a way to close the "parent" ticket and it closes all those attached to it?

Thanks Jack, didn't mean to confuse you.

I am fairly new to Service Desk and though now integrated I always knew them as two separate products. Now they are more tightly coupled I hadn't worked out that I now treat them as normal JIRA issues within the main Issue search. So your suggestion then made sense and I was able to bulk "action" these issues as I could any other Project Issue.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Oct 20, 2016

If all of the issues are "linked" to another issue then you could set up an Automation rule that resolves all linked issues. I have done this for a scenario where we clone a JSD issue into a JSW project for development. Once development resolves the issue then the JSD IT issue is automatically resolved. You may want to disable this rule and only enable when you want to acheive the bulk operation. If always on you may not wish to always resolve linked issues. However, the more specific you make the automation the safer it will become. LMK if this is unclear. I can add more details if needed.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Oct 20, 2016

Warren - cool

Ashley - you may want to open a separate inquiry. especially if my comment isn't what works for you.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

475 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you