Is there are any way to limit the number of issues In Progress per user?

Ion Zghibarta March 13, 2013

Is there are any way to limit the number of issues In Progress per user?

For example I want to interdict to change a status of issue to "In Progress" for current user, if there are another issue assigned to this user in this status.

So any time I will have only one issue in progres per user and avoid workload or multitasking.

Please note that WIP limit not resolve my case because user is able to move the issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to do, not in On Demand instance at least. Jobin's solution is for the Download instance.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

You will have to prevent the workflow transition using a custom worklow condition. Small plugin/script development needed.

Ion Zghibarta March 13, 2013

I'm On Demand instance and I do not have installed Scripting Suite plugin so I need to find a solution without scripting.

My first thought is add a project level field where I will store all users that have an issue in Progress.

I can do it with a post function.

After that add a condition that will check if this user is in this field that do not permit to move the issue.

But the problem is in conditional workflow I can work with only issue field and not some of global project field :(

Like gabrieleavanzo likes this

Suggest an answer