Is there anyway to preserve an individual's logged time if and issue is reassigned?

jack.brickey September 28, 2015

If an individual "A" is assigned and issue and logs time and then reassigns the issue to individual "B" then individual "A's" time is then credited to individual "B". Is there a way to track each individual's time?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2015

No, that's not what happens.  Individuals log time with their name on it.  Doesn't matter who the assignee is or how it progresses through the workflow.  A work log remains logged by the person who did the work.  It's nonsense to do it any other way - timesheets wouldn't stand a chance for a start.

Where are you getting the information that worker's logs are changed to other users?

0 votes
jack.brickey October 5, 2015

The issue was with how I was using the plugin (JIRA Timesheet Reports and Gadgets). Specifically, I had the "Group by" field set to "Assignee". After changing to "none" or "worked user" it behaved as I wanted.

Suggest an answer