Is there anyway to create many views beside creating more webwork Edited

Hi everyone , i am new to jira developer. 

I just know to create web work, then use execute() function to map to a success.vm velocity file when user access to the responding webwork.jspa link

I just dont know is there any way to create a html file and map that page to an url without creating another webwork . Because so far i just can modify one success.vm page 

What i mean is i found out that we can extend the link 

for example

when we access /jira/secure/webwork.jspa . and in this page if we click a href link, it will navigate to /jira/secure/webwork.jspa?choice=something and then the former page will change a little bit . 

I dont know how to do this

1 answer

You can have multiple number of views under one webwork module

You will need multiple actions in your single webwork.

Each action in your webwork will correspond to a method in your webwork class which can be invoked by the URL using alias and arguments can be passes in the URL as well

Each method will return a string which will be the view name . And the VM file for that view name will be displayed for that action

refer https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/building-jira-add-ons/jira-plugins2-overview/jira-plugin-module-types/webwork-plugin-module

Thanks Mizan , the example was great

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,385 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you