Is there anyway to create many views beside creating more webwork

Ngoc Tuan Lam October 5, 2017

Hi everyone , i am new to jira developer. 

I just know to create web work, then use execute() function to map to a success.vm velocity file when user access to the responding webwork.jspa link

I just dont know is there any way to create a html file and map that page to an url without creating another webwork . Because so far i just can modify one success.vm page 

What i mean is i found out that we can extend the link 

for example

when we access /jira/secure/webwork.jspa . and in this page if we click a href link, it will navigate to /jira/secure/webwork.jspa?choice=something and then the former page will change a little bit . 

I dont know how to do this

1 answer

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

You can have multiple number of views under one webwork module

You will need multiple actions in your single webwork.

Each action in your webwork will correspond to a method in your webwork class which can be invoked by the URL using alias and arguments can be passes in the URL as well

Each method will return a string which will be the view name . And the VM file for that view name will be displayed for that action

refer https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/building-jira-add-ons/jira-plugins2-overview/jira-plugin-module-types/webwork-plugin-module

Ngoc Tuan Lam October 9, 2017

Thanks Mizan , the example was great

Suggest an answer