Is there any way to set a label using post-function ?

Lior Pesoa January 28, 2015

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way setting a label using post-function in a workflow ?

If someone have a Script i can run ?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

I would add that Update issues is another post function that can add labels and many other things. It is a bit of overkill for just adding labels however wink. It is part of Update on Transition for JIRA.

Lior Pesoa January 29, 2015

@Bob Swift [Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons] thanks for that smile

but for now i am looking for something free .. smile

Thanks again!

0 votes
Lior Pesoa January 29, 2015

Thanks for the response!

I understand that for this kind of script i need access to JIRA folders?

I am the administrator but i use a hosting provider so i can't access JIRA folders in order to upload a file.

Where should i put the script ? under which file extension ?

Thanks

João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2015

Unfortunately, as Script Runner does not accept direct input of script on the UI for post-fuctions, you'll have to contact your hosting provider and check for a way to access the folders. Usually, they should provide you SSH credentials to the server, so that you can just SCP it to there from your local computer.

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2015

Hey Lior!

It seems that's possible by using the Script Runner plugin. On this answered question, the developer of the plugin himself (Jamie Echlin) has already suggested a script that would do just that. I haven't tested it myself, but judging by the structure of the code and the variables it uses, that should work just fine.

In order to add a script to be run as post-function, you'll just have to go to the transition where you'd like to have it executed and, on the Add post function screen, you should see Script Post-Function (only after installing Script Runner). Then just provide the path to the script (be aware that JIRA should have read/write permission on this location).

information By the way, you can take a look at the official documentation for Script Runner here

I will also tag your question with the label monitored by the Script Runner's developer, so he may help on this as well. wink

Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer