Is there any way to retrieve jira entity properties for scope of issues by one request?

I'm working on jira-cloud add-on. Since using custom fields is limited I've decided to use JIRA entity properties instead. I don't want to show my custom data on standard JIRA views, so it seems to be a good choice. 

But I can't find a way to retrieve JIRA entity properties for scope of issues by one request. I have to use REST /api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/properties/{propKey} instead. It is a very inconvenient because number of issues may be huge.

1 answer

Hello Pavel,

The example below shows how to get all of the properties stored against an issue.

The response from server will contain keys and URLs of all properties of the issue ENPR-4. 

To see more information about JIRA entity properties check these links: 

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Entity+Properties+Overview

https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/1.1.33/modules/jira/entity-property.html

Hope this helps!

Paulo Miguel

Atlassian Support | Cloud

Thank you for reply. Response contains only list of requests for retrieving property values. And I have to send all this requests for retrieving all prop values.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

40 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you