Is there any way to manage issues via email?

We are setting up our Jira instance to take over 3 platforms that are currently being used by various departments in the company. We are setting it up as two main projects, with the dev team on their own agile project, and a second project to encompass everything else, including internal helpdesk. Our helpdesk users are accustomed to creating and managing issues via email commands. Allowing them to create, assign, cc, reassign, comment, change status, change priority, and more. Is there anything in Jira that would enable us to do this for a particular group within the company?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Natively, not really. Jira has simple create/comment functions, but they are not highly clever. If you were not using OnDemand, I would point you at the JEMH, as it can do most, if not all, of that. But you can't install that. For OnDemand, you might simply want to wait, as Atlassian announced a new plugin structure that may help today. Or have a look at Jira Service Desk (also new)

Nic, thank you for your response. Would you mind providing a bit more detail about the new plugin structure? Or can you point me in the direction of some information?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,319 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot