Is there any way to know if any of my workflows use the JIRA Misc Workflows functionality?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

I recently found out that the JIRA Misc Workflows plugin is moving from a free model to a paid model. Makes sense, people put in time and effort to create it, they should get paid. However, I only want to pay for it if I'm actually using it. I installed it when it was free, so I'm not sure if it was a "hey this might be cool" and I never used it, or if I did end up making use of some of the options.

Is there any way (short of crawling through every workflow, looking at conditions and post functions for each step, which is obviously not reasonable) to determine if any of my workflows use this plugin's features? I guess I could disable it and see what breaks, but that also is not ideal.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

You could look at the XML of your workflows and search for innovalog...

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

That sounds better than looking at every transition, but it's still somewhat painful to have to go into each workflow and export it as XML individually. Is there a way to do this in bulk? Maybe a full backup will get me that (and I just don't know where to look in the backup file)?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013
  1. Unzip the backup (this is an xml file called entities.xml inside your zip),
  2. use linux favorite tool: grep

grep -e "Workflow id=" -e "<arg name=\"class.name\">com.kepler" entities.xml

Substitute com.kepler with innovalog staring package name. Notice the escapes

1 vote
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

The answer is here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/176444/find-conditions-post-functions-where-jmwe-is-used

The easiest is to look inside your database if you have access to it.

I'm not sure using a full backup makes much sense as it will take a long time. But it will also work: just look for the following string in entities.xml:

&lt;arg name="class.name"&gt;com.innovalog.jmwe.plugins

This should match all usages of functions, validators and conditions that belong to the JMWE plugin.

1 vote
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2013

Although it might not be entirely relevant, but it does sounds like a good feature request to me :)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33377

Please help to vote if you would like to see this to be implemented in the future.

At the mean time, one more thing that you can do is actually set up a test instance without the plugin, and try to run the transition. It will prompt you error if the functionality is not available :)

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013
0 votes
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up just opening them all up and exporting them all manually.

Suggest an answer