Is there any way to hide the version tag from stories in the backlog view?

Nick Watts November 22, 2017

As it stands my backlog is made up of stories that live in Epics and have Versions against them.

While the Versions are really useful for reporting/burn ups etc, I don't need to see them when prioritising the backlog - in fact they become obstructive as it's harder to read story titles. 

I was hoping there is a way to hide the Version tag on the backlog view, so I only see it when I click into a story rather than all of the time. 

Any suggestions?

4 answers

3 votes
Bishop Justice December 8, 2020

Any updates on this one? I'm still having this problem 3 years later. 

Vladyslav Rudiev April 18, 2022

4 yrs now

1 vote
Anton Paterson March 11, 2021

There is a suggestion that could resolve this if it gets some traction.

JSWSERVER-20317

Paz Consuelo Fernández Morales September 8, 2023

Hi! Do you have a link to check that suggestion? tks!

1 vote
Lena M. February 8, 2019

I have the same issue. Is there any way to remove the tag? I am forced to make the version tag really short in order not to be bothered by it.

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

Hi,

You can use the Board configuration, under Card Layout (Backlog option) to remove the version tag. That should do the trick :)

Cheers

htammaro December 7, 2018

Hi Micky - I've got the same issue, and this doesn't resolve it. The Fix Version and Epic labels show on issues in the Backlog view even when they're not chosen in the board configuration (in fact, adding them there makes them show up twice).

There is a "Hide epic labels" option in the Board dropdown on the Backlog view, but no equivalent option for Fix Version. Is there any way to hide these labels?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer