Is there any way to have issues not crossed-off when having any other resolutions set, except "Closed"?

Marius Daniel Avram June 15, 2014

Hello,

I am currently configuring Jira for some projects with custom workflows that include custom statuses and transitions.

We would like to have several custom resolutions like "Open, Postponed, Approved, On Hold etc". If I add any of these resolutions as post functions to transitions, the issue gets the Strike mark, being considered resolved, somehow (I believe this is how Jira actually behaves).

Is there any way to make all the resolutions except "Done" or "Closed" (for example) NOT to strike the ticket as it was resolved when the resolution is changed?

Thank you in advance,

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2014

The resolution and strike out is a simple concept.

If the resolution is set to anything, your issue is resolved. That's the end of it.

What you need to do is only set resolution when you go into a "closed" status. Check the screens you use on all your transitions, and most importantly, the screens you use for "edit" and "create" issue. You MUST NOT have resolution on those screens, as when it's on-screen, it gets set.

Marius Daniel Avram June 17, 2014

This was our solution as well. Thanks

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Not possible without changing the JIRA source code. The strike through just means that the issue is brought to closure (irrespective of the workflow status).

Having resolutions like Open is not a good idea because it should be handled by the workflow status. Open, Postponed, Approved, On Hold etc should be part of the workflow (i.e. a state in the workflow).

0 votes
Marius Daniel Avram June 15, 2014

Thank you for your answer.

Suggest an answer