Is there any way to force a sprint to end?

I currently work for an agency that has multiple project teams. There is a requirement for all of the teams to follow the basic guidelines for managing their projects.

One of the issues we run into is a few of the teams extending their sprints all of the time, this makes it look better as more stuff is completed within a single sprint. However our audit reporting is innaccurate.

As the administrator I've been asked to see if there is a way to force the sprint to end automatically or to disallow movement within the sprint when the deadline is reached.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Confronte the team with the burndown chart. That can increase the awareness for scope changes.

The goal is to not permit any kind of changes, as soon as a Sprint as started, by exception of marking a Sprint as completed and moving unresolved issues to the next Sprint. But this should be done by the Project Owner only.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

220 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you