Is there any way to fire jira event for changing watchers?

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2014

I want to use Watchers as CC in normal email, and I want to have a notification about adding or deleting a watcher. 

I wonder whether it is ever possible with plugins 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2014

With JIRA it is not possible yet, see: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5494,  but there is a plugin mentioned: Notify Watcher.

You can also use the Plugin: EMail This Issue, and send E-Mails to watchers as Cc.

Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2014

Thank you, Jose. There is also an option to create a multiuser picker field "CC" and remove watchers from fields configuration... Then changing users in CC will fire issue updated, that will serve my use case as well. With JIRA 6+, user picker interface is much better now, so it can be accepted

0 votes
Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2015

I think it is possible to track changes of Watchers with use of JIRA Watcher Plugin and a listener (SIL Listener) that will send email to wachers when the field watcher is changed

Suggest an answer