Is there any way to fire jira event for changing watchers?

I want to use Watchers as CC in normal email, and I want to have a notification about adding or deleting a watcher. 

I wonder whether it is ever possible with plugins 

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

With JIRA it is not possible yet, see: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5494,  but there is a plugin mentioned: Notify Watcher.

You can also use the Plugin: EMail This Issue, and send E-Mails to watchers as Cc.

Thank you, Jose. There is also an option to create a multiuser picker field "CC" and remove watchers from fields configuration... Then changing users in CC will fire issue updated, that will serve my use case as well. With JIRA 6+, user picker interface is much better now, so it can be accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I think it is possible to track changes of Watchers with use of JIRA Watcher Plugin and a listener (SIL Listener) that will send email to wachers when the field watcher is changed

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

97 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you