Is there any way to display a list of issues where a custom field has the same value?

Nicholas O Brien February 25, 2016

As part of my JIRA service desk install I have a custom field that holds a serial number.

What I need to get to is a way of being able to show a list of other issues with the same value in the custom field. 

Obviously this can be done easily with a quick search, however I was wondering if a plugin similar to suggestimate exists which would allow for a list of issues to display in the issue based on having the same value in a specific custom field, or perhaps something which can use a post-function to check if that value in a custom field already exists in an open issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

Do you mean that you need to get all issues with sertain value of serial number? 

Or you need to garantee that this serial number will not have any dublicates?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

I use this SQL to get dublicates:

Select
	project.pkey + '-' + CAST(jiraissue.issuenum as varchar(20))
	, customfieldvalue.*
from
	(Select
		customfield.ID
		, customfieldvalue.STRINGVALUE
	from
		customfield
		join customfieldvalue		on customfield.ID = customfieldvalue.CUSTOMFIELD
	where
		customfield.cfname = 'Разработчик' --type custom field name here
	group by
		customfield.ID
		, customfieldvalue.STRINGVALUE --change value type here
	having 
		COUNT(customfieldvalue.STRINGVALUE) > 1 --change value type here
	) as dublicates
	join customfieldvalue	
		join jiraissue	
			join project	on	jiraissue.PROJECT = project.ID
		on	customfieldvalue.ISSUE = jiraissue.ID
	on	dublicates.ID			= customfieldvalue.CUSTOMFIELD
	and dublicates.STRINGVALUE	= customfieldvalue.STRINGVALUE
order by
	customfieldvalue.STRINGVALUE
Nicholas O Brien February 25, 2016

Hello and thanks for response,

If I have an issue in JIRA which relates to a specific serial number (Where the serial number is a value in a custom field), then what I want to do is then  display in JIRA a list of all issues related to that serial number - so any issue which has a duplicate value in that custom field. The idea being it gives a history of interactions with that serial number.

I found an addon called suggestimate which provides similar functionality but it appears that this is only based on the summary field.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.suggestimate/server/overview

image2016-2-26 10:33:9.png

Does that make sense?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2016

If you need to get dublicates just one time and all - SQL will be enough.

But if you need to monitor it all time you could try Script Field provided by ScriptRunner plugin.

Suggest an answer