Is there any way to create a custom field of type Multi Select, in Jira with Autocomplete Renderer?

Administrator February 3, 2015

I need to create a custom field something similar to the 'Affect version' field with AutoComplete, multiselect and drop down.

From the documentation it seems this is not possible, but please let me know if there is any way?

2 answers

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

Hi,

We have developed an add-on, Custom Fields++. It provides some extra features not available in ordinary single select/multi select/radio button fields.

It provides following extra features:

• auto complete
  • coloring for each option (any css style)
  • icons for each option
  • extra help text that is shown when users hover on an option
  • REST API for options

They are direct replacement of build-in custom fields so migration is very easy. It has some extra custom field types too, and we will continuously add new ones.

multi-select.png

issue-navigator.png

Davina Tsosie August 15, 2017

Hello,

I see this is not available for Cloud. Is there an equivalent for JIRA Cloud?

Thank,

Davina Tsosie

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2017

Hi,

Unfortunatelly it is not available for Cloud. I haven't seen anything similar for cloud, most probably due to limitations of Cloud api.

0 votes
George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

This type of field is not available as a custom field. But you can use some JavaScript to simulate it on a multi-select field.

1. Create a new multi select list field. Remember the custom field ID
  2. Paste the below Javascript code in the description of that field in your field configuration (replace "customfield_10131" with your field ID)

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$("#customfield_10131 option[value='-1']").remove();
(function($){
   new AJS.MultiSelect({
      element: $("#customfield_10131"), itemAttrDisplayed: "label", errorMessage: AJS.params.multiselectComponentsError
   });
})(AJS.$);
</script>

It does not always work on page refreshes and not in some dialogs. Give it a try and see if it meets your needs.

Best regards,
George

Administrator February 3, 2015

Thanks George, tried it but it still renders in same old way. I am trying in issue create UI and detailed issue view.

George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

Hmm, that's weird. I just tested it with JIRA 6.3.11 standalone (not OnDemand). Works fine. Are you sure you have the correct field ID and field configuration?

Administrator February 4, 2015

Yes, the custom field id is correct, double checked it. Just to be sure, this is what I am doing: 1. Create a custom field(of type: Select List(multiple choices)) 2. CustomFields--> Configure CustomField--> Edit Configuration: In the description box there enter the above code with appropriate custom field. But the end result is same, the normal multi select list.

George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2015

Oh, I see. You are putting the code at the wrong spot. In my post above I referred to the "field configuration" of your project. Do not edit the configuration of the field itself. Open the field configuration that your project is using for the desired issue type, scroll to your field there, click Edit and paste the code into the "Description" field there.

Administrator February 4, 2015

Ok, so I tried with the steps, but the multiselect remains same. Only change is I see the entire code below the field now(normally where the field description resides). This is the code I am pasting: ------------------------------------------ <script type="text/javascript"> AJS.$("#10036 option[value='-1']").remove(); (function($){ new AJS.MultiSelect({ element: $("#10036"), itemAttrDisplayed: "label", errorMessage: AJS.params.multiselectComponentsError }); })(AJS.$); </script> ------------------------------------------ Just a note, I have tried with 'customfield_10036', but results is same.

George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2015

Did you try with #customfield_10036 ? (needs the hash at the start)

Administrator February 5, 2015

Yes, I tried it with #, with out # both; but the result is same.

George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2015

Beats me at this point. Are you sure you edited the right Field Configuration for the issue type in question? Are you using your own server or JIRA OnDemand?

Suggest an answer