Is there any way to bridge the cloud version of Jira to HP Quality Center?

Himay Antani September 9, 2014

3 answers

0 votes
Himay Antani September 10, 2014

yes, that's correct

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2014

Use the REST interface.  It's open, bi-directional (QC can read and write Jira), and very stable so whatever you write is likely to keep working on upgrades.

But think through carefully what you mean by "bridge".  it's a bit like "integrate" - too vague to form any form of specification, it's just a phrase implying "make two systems talk to each other"

Himay Antani September 10, 2014

Thank you.

As I mentioned in the reply to the above comment, we are looking to transfer issues/user stories from the cloud version of JIRA Agile to HP Quality Center for testing.

I apologize for any confusion.

Will the solution above help with that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2014

Ok, well, you'll need to write something that can pull data from Jira into QC over the REST. There's no strong integration plugin that I know about.

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

you mean you want transfer issues from jira to HP?

Suggest an answer