Is there any way to assign watchers on transitions in Jira OnDemand?

Gavin Carter February 3, 2015

Hi,

I have a workflow transition where I want to assign a specific person as a watcher. I searched around for how to do this and it appears it's possible with Script Runner, which isn't available for Cloud/OnDemand. 

Does anyone have a hack or clever workaround that would allow a watcher to be added as part of a transition?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

You can try to do it via Jira Suite Utilities addon that is preinstalled on cloud. Please take a look at this thread: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/184001

0 votes
Gavin Carter February 4, 2015

Thanks for the response Volodymyr. While I have JIRA Suite Utilities and use it quite a bit, the watchers field does not show up for the update custom field post-function. That thread did clue me in to the fact that I can solve most of these issues through custom notifications, so that helps. But it would be nice to understand why the watchers field isn't accessible. Wonder if it's an OnDemand thing?

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

Hi Gavin, No, it's not OnDemand thing. I saw somewhere (can not find now) that JIRA Suite Utilities is used in combination with https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.burningcode.jira.issue.customfields.impl.jira-watcher-field so the custom watcher field is accessible. Unfortunately jira-watcher-field plugin is only for the standalone installation. Anyway, glad that you was able to resolve your task.

Suggest an answer