Is there any way to assign watchers on transitions in Jira OnDemand?

Hi,

I have a workflow transition where I want to assign a specific person as a watcher. I searched around for how to do this and it appears it's possible with Script Runner, which isn't available for Cloud/OnDemand. 

Does anyone have a hack or clever workaround that would allow a watcher to be added as part of a transition?

Thanks!

2 answers

You can try to do it via Jira Suite Utilities addon that is preinstalled on cloud. Please take a look at this thread: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/184001

Thanks for the response Volodymyr. While I have JIRA Suite Utilities and use it quite a bit, the watchers field does not show up for the update custom field post-function. That thread did clue me in to the fact that I can solve most of these issues through custom notifications, so that helps. But it would be nice to understand why the watchers field isn't accessible. Wonder if it's an OnDemand thing?

Hi Gavin, No, it's not OnDemand thing. I saw somewhere (can not find now) that JIRA Suite Utilities is used in combination with https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.burningcode.jira.issue.customfields.impl.jira-watcher-field so the custom watcher field is accessible. Unfortunately jira-watcher-field plugin is only for the standalone installation. Anyway, glad that you was able to resolve your task.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,398 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you