Is there any way of getting all the custom fields by entering the Project name in JIRA?

MANISHA KAUSHIK April 10, 2020

Is there any way of getting all the custom fields by entering the Project name in JIRA?

We need all the custom field that are assigned to any specific project in any screen, attached to the project. It can even be the screens that are attached on the transition of the workflows.

We have tried 2 plugins "Config Insights for Jira" and "Power Admin". But, both are giving one way results i.e. By entering the custom fields we will get the project where they are used.

Kindly help us if there is any such options available.

Regards,

Manisha

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Hi @MANISHA KAUSHIK 

It is possible to see the custom field usage with Power Admin. You need to open the Custom Field's search screen and filter by Project; this way you'll find all field's usage in the selected projects.

Please refer to the relevant Power Admin's documentation page.

Hope this helps :)

MANISHA KAUSHIK April 19, 2020

Hello @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ,

Is there any way of getting all the project connected to all the custom field at once like an export file for the whole instance?

As it will really help me a lot, as I have a requirement to get a list of all the custom field with the projects where they are connected. 

Best Regards,

Manisha

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

Hello @MANISHA KAUSHIK 

I'll ask the Power Admin team for more details about this, and they (or me) will support you with your use case.

Best,

Teodora

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2020

Hi @MANISHA KAUSHIK

Right now it is not possible to export everything at once. The only option is to go through each individual custom field, click on the projects and click the "Export" button. Maybe you can automate that process if you have a suitable UI automation tool.

Thanks!
Petar P.

MANISHA KAUSHIK April 27, 2020

Hello @Petar Petrov _Appfire_ , @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ,

Let's say, if I want to know, what new custom fields got added in the last week, is there any way to find that?

I will give you a scenario. Lets say, I had 300 custom fields on my instance for 10 projects in the last week. Now by the end of this week, it came as 350 custom fields for the same 10 projects. And what I want is, if there is any process to know about the custom fields that got added in this week so that i can add them in my documentation.

Kindly help me with this..

Also, may I know, how this UI automation tool will work there with power Admin?

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2020

Hi @MANISHA KAUSHIK 

The Jira Audit Log will show if a custom field was recently added.

With regards to UI automation  - my point was that you can use something like Selenium to automatically export the usage information for every field. Selenium can automate browser clicks so you don't have to do it manually. There are other similar tools as well.

Thanks!
Petar P.

Suggest an answer