Is there any way I can disable the creation of components on create screen?

Priyanka khare December 11, 2020

Is there any way I can disable the creation of components on create screen? I want that components should be only added from the admin side and not from create screen

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

Hi Priyanka,

while Vikrant's advise is correct for the creation of new components I think you are referring to putting components into the corresponding field while creating/editing issues - is this correct?

If you do not want to have components added during create of an issue you can use an own screen for creating the issue.

With Admin side you probably mean to add components later, through Edit Screen?

If so, my above said applies.

Here is also a nice chart that explains the whole picture more easily:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/project-screens-schemes-and-fields-938847220.html

The part relevant to you are Screens and Screen Schemes - if my assumption is matching.

Cheers,
Daniel

James Twidale October 14, 2022

Hi Daniel,

What do you mean by "own screen"?

I am having the same issue where when typing a component in, even if the case is different it offers the option to add a new component when the roles assigned to them do not have admin abilities on the project.

The main reason for this to be turned off is so that a component is selected that will trigger the automation that has been set up. Obviously, if it's a new component and no there's automation, things will not work as expected.

Thanks

James

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2023

Like Vikrant wrote earlier first thing I would do is checking if there is a project admin permission. Without that creating new components should not be possible.

Hope this helps :)

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

Components can only be created by those w/ Project admin permissions. Please check project > project settings > permission > Administer projects.

Suggest an answer