Is there any standard Jira API to read license information of plugins

Pramod Kutty July 22, 2015

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Try the JiraLicenseManager.

Is the JiraLicenseManager implemented in a standard way by all licensed plugins. If yes please can you share a snippet which shows how. I guess all plugins implement this in different ways and no clear way to obtain it

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Plugin level implementation differs. All the marketplace licensed plugins implement it the same way but other don't. There is no single way to find it all because the plugin vendors can choose custom implementations for the same.

Please can you share the snippet for the marketplace licensed plugins also what is the approach we need when trying to access the License manager

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2015

I can make my plugin licensible but obtaining the license manager for all plugins is an unknown . I want to write a plugin which will run a timer task probing all plugins for license information

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2015

The way you get PluginLicenseManager is the same whether you are making it licensible or reading license information.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2015

Hi Pramod,

Checking the API Documentation (https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/) it seems that this is not yet present on JIRA's API.

wink

-- Pedro

Suggest an answer