Is there any script that I can run to automatically close a sub-task once the story is closed?

Kathy Bonham December 12, 2012

We are currently using the sub-task issue type for our Test Cases relating to specific stories. Is there any builtin script or other script that I can run that would automatically close a sub-task once the story is closed?

I have found how to close a story if all sub-tasks have been completed but need the opposite funtionality if possible.

Currently using JIRA version 5.10

3 answers

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Provided you have the appropriate transitions available, you can use the CLI Plugin for JIRA to add a post function to the close transition to run something similar to the following:

--action runFromIssueList --search "parent = %issue_key% and status not in (Closed)" --common "-a progressIssue --issue @issue@ --step \"Close issue\" --resolution Fixed "

0 votes
Namita T December 18, 2012

You can try Jamie Echlin's Script Runner plugin which has some built in postfunctions to autoclose subtasks.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions

Kathy Bonham December 18, 2012

I'll give it a try.

Thanks so much.

0 votes
Kathy Bonham December 17, 2012

I don't have the CLI Plugin. Is there another alternative?

Thank you,

Suggest an answer