Is there any problems with "Issue type scheme" in Jira 4.0?

Fabiana Hamada June 10, 2012

Hi! I want to create a new issue type scheme, but after i set the issue types i need in the new scheme and press "Save", all the issues in the "Issue type for current scheme" column, are moved automatically to the column on the right ("Available issue type" column). In that moment, two error messages are displayed on the screen: "You must select al least one option" and "Your default option must be in the selected options".

If any of you know about this problem, please, help me!

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2012

But you're using OnDemand, so I don't think you can - I'd raise this with Atlassian's OnDemand support, as it looks broken and I don't think you've got the access you need to be able to debug it in detail.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2012

No, there's no problem.

When you create a new scheme, it starts out empty. You need to drag one or more types into it, then you can save it. It's just preventing you from creating a completely empty scheme.

Thank you for your answer.

The problem is that i drag and drop all the issue types i want in the new scheme, but when a press "Save" botton, all the issue types are automatically moved to the other column and the error messeges are displayed on the screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2012

Ah, sorry, I didn't see that in the original post. Could you read the application log for the time when you click "save"? I think it'll have some errors in it that could tell us more. Also, check that it's not created the new scheme at all?

I have just checked the scheme was not created :( . I don't what's the matter. When i had to create all the schemes in Jira 3.13.2, i have no problems, but now i really don't know what is wrong.

If i find a solution, i will post it.

I have checked the scheme was not created :( . I don't know what's the matter. When i had to create all the schemes in Jira 3.13.2, i had no problems, but now i really don't know what is wrong.

I've just created a issue type scheme in jira 3.13.2 and it was created whithout any problems.

If i find a solution, i will post it.

Best regards,

Fabiana

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2012

The log should tell you what is going wrong.

I asked about the scheme creation because I have seen this behaviour, but it was down to a plugin in my firefox, and Jira was actually creating the scheme ok - by checking that, you've ruled out that problem.

How can i see the application log?

Suggest an answer