Is there any problem with JIRA notifications?

patricia.silveira May 6, 2019

Since last week I am not receiving JIRA notifications anymore from the tickets I set my self as watcher. Does someone know why?

1 answer

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2019

Hi @patricia.silveira 

Has your adminitrator changed the notification scheme. That is where you can define which users get notified of events including watchers.

Anything in your spam filters?

Hello Tom, thanks for your answer.

There is nothing on my spam Inbox and I did not change anything on my filters. I had already checked that.

One of the admin confirmed no changes on it, the second is on Holidays and must be back in the next days. I am going to check with him, but I do not believe he had changed something since he also complaning of not getting notifications anymore. 

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2019

Hi

There is a Notification Helper gadget that may give you some extra info

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-admin-helper-818578850.html

Users arent notified of their own changes as a user setting in jira

Have you upgraded jira recently. There are some past posts that mention that as an issue.

do you get emal where you are reporter, assignee etc.

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2019

Do you have permissions to view the issue. Are you added as a watcher by some automation?

So we just tested and even when we are assignees we don't get the notifications.

I manually included my self as watcher on the tickets and I do have persmission to see the tickets and change them. 

The problem also happens to old tickets from which I was used to receive the notification

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2019

Hi

I think you’ll have to turn on the email logging in the Logging and Profiling and check for errors. Also look at the mail queue when an expected update is made and check if your email is there. That will show whether jira is procesing the emails.

Patrick Russell May 6, 2019

Hi @Tom Lister,

I am one of the administrators on the cloud instance used by @patricia.silveira.

Can you point me to that "email logging in the Logging and Profiling" section please? I've been clicking around in administration and jira settings without luck.

I've also tried searching for "logging" through the jira admin search tool without more luck.

Thank you in advance.

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2019

Hi

I usually work on a server instance where the logging is at

Administration -> System -> Logging & Profiling

If you’re on Atlassian cloud you should be able to ping support and get them to check email logs.

Patrick Russell May 6, 2019

Hi @Tom Lister

Thank you for the help, I'll contact support then.

Suggest an answer