Is there any practical way to track mentions on issue comments

Richard Ham January 31, 2017

JIRA is meant for tracking issues, which it does pretty well. However each of these issues have its own related comments, eg, dev 1 this isn't executed properly, you need to do this or is this operating correctly, or dev 1 might ask, product owner how is this meant to operate, etc. If there are no answers to these questions, then the dev stalls on the issue. 

Notifications are issued by email for all actions including comments and mentions however there appears to be no ability to track comments where I have been mentioned or mentioned other. 

In other words, I need to know when I have asked a question and it hasn't been answered, and when I have been asked a question and I haven't answered/seen it.

Google docs seems to have an answer to this where you can 'assign' comments to collaborators by selecting a checkbox within the comment modal. 

This issue is proving quite frustrating so any advice would be appreciated

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

There is no option to assign comments. Have to considered using subtasks to assign those things? Or is it an overkill? 

Suggest an answer