Is there any method to import/export user group from one JIRA instance to another JIRA instance?

Shashank Singh November 15, 2017

If I have created multiple users groups in a JIRA instance and I want it to get these users groups in every JIRA instance, is there any short method in JIRA Software to do instead of creating every new group in each and every instance?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017
Shashank Singh November 17, 2017

Thanks Cristian for qick response.

As I have seen my question again, I found that I forgot to mention the instance detail. Actually I am looking a way for JIRA Software Server , not for cloud. So is there any way in to do so in server too?

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Sorry Shashank, I used that link for the labels in the question (Jira Software Cloud).

If you want the same users and groups you can use the same LDAP. As you can use multiple directories, you can create an LDAP with the users and groups shared between these instances.

Shashank Singh November 21, 2017

Thanks Cristian, I will look for the approach.

Suggest an answer