Is there any method to change "sender name" in email notifications from "Name Last Name (JIRA)" to "(JIRA) Name Last Name"?

Elena Oleksenko October 21, 2014

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Look under general configuration (type gg + general configuration ) at email from. I have not tried it but i think if you change it from "${fullname} (JIRA)" to "(JIRA) ${fullname}" you have what you want. 

Elena Oleksenko October 22, 2014

Thanks, it works

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2015

So glad that Atlassian implemented this in a different way in Confluence and JIRA...

Kirill Lastovskiy March 18, 2016

Is it possible also change sender name for agents when they add comments to the issues?

This solution only works for new tickets,but when the agent answer to the customer we have Sender in this format LastName, FirstName helpdesk@domain.com.

If we will answer to this comment from Outlook, then it remember Sender and saved his contact to the cache. So when I want to send an email to the customer directly, i type his LastName but Outlook shows me two different contacts for this customer..

Suggest an answer