• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is there any feature provided from JIRA to view the request of one group or department rather than only default "my requests" on the customer portal of service desk?

Is there any feature provided from JIRA to view the request of one group or department rather than only default "my requests" on the customer portal of service desk?

Rahul Arora May 21, 2014

We want to configure the customer portal for different departments & users to view their requests and their department requests. Customer portal has default "my request" option but is there any functionality provided from JIRA to embed into portal for viewing the group requests on the basis of applied restriction.

3 answers

0 votes
Nathan Smith February 5, 2015

In the latest version of Service Desk, it's possible to add "Participants" in the portal, which enables you to see requests made by others (if you're added as a participant).  Not sure whether you can add a group as a participant, but it's a step in the right direction

0 votes
Gary M June 11, 2014

This NEEDS to be POSSIBLE asap !!!

Rasmus Knudsen October 14, 2014

I agree. in order for service desk to compete with Zendesk, OTRS and all the other helpdesk tools, then a customer group need to be able to see all the issues that users from that group has created.

Gary October 14, 2014

And what these Aussies don't get - time is ticking and people are making decisions against Jira/Confluence as the months go by. I posted this in June, its Oct now. In the cloud world time is of the essence. Put down the beer, stop wearing hoodies in interviews trying to be cool, and GET TO WORK Atlassian's.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

Hi Rahul,

This is currently not possible using the JIRA Service Desk Customer Portal.

This is possible using JIRA dashboards.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

Hi Rahul,

Again at the moment this is not possible.

You would need to give your users access to JIRA and help them create a dashboard there.

Best regards,

Peter

Rahul Arora May 21, 2014

So if it is possible with dashboards, is there option to link JIRA dashboard with Customer portal through some plugin which can be customized later on?

Suggest an answer