Is there any control on edit / modify version release date .

ashwinirghure July 16, 2013

In jira project administrator can edit or modify the version date.

But there is no any control on why they are modifying it and who modified it on which date user modify it.

In our case one project can have more than one administrator.

So can i get any history of version modification.

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Ashwini Ghure.

3 answers

0 votes
ashwinirghure July 22, 2013

Thanks Nic..

0 votes
ashwinirghure July 16, 2013

Hi Nic,

Its not about trust on administrator.

We need the history of version change for our "Custom Report Generation" Which we are generating by using jira SOAP service.

We have more than 5 project in one category and we are generating report for that projects.

So please provide ant better solution which can help us to get the history of version modification.

Thanks & Regards

Ashwini Ghure.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2013

Ok. Your question was phrased in a way that made me think you had problems with administrators making inappropriate changes to version dates, not that you wanted to report on the changes.

I'm afraid you're stuck though. There's no history on version changes.

Of course, there's always coding. Since Jira 5.0 (possibly earlier, not sure), version changes fire "events", so you could write listeners to capture and log those. I don't think that would be hard, but you'd also need to think of a way to present the captured information remotely via REST (I wouldn't bother with SOAP, it's deprecated), or even build yhe report into Jira so that you don't need the remote reporting.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2013

I'm afraid not. You have to trust your project administrators not to mess up version dates.

The implication here is that your project administrators are not talking to each other, which is a recipe for failure. Whilst you could try to do something in code, the best solution here is to get them to work together properly. Talk to each other about dates and agree not to modify them without at least talking to the other admins.

Suggest an answer