Is there any available json post listener for create and update tasks?

jh May 28, 2012

I would like to inform an external application about changes on tickets, so the external application reflects it immediatly. I am not a java guru myself, so building a listener is hardly an option. For me it'd be fine that there is any kind of notification (http request), ideally there is a json object passed in.

Any ideas?

2 answers

2 votes
Igor Loskutov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2012

No way with default rest (only by your custom rest services). You can reach your goal by soap interface, it has suitable methods.

jh June 3, 2012

Hi Igor,

for reading this is clear. So if I want to inform an external application, I could poll for changes every 5 min. But what I would like is a notification from jira, that something has changed. Calling a URL with the task ID as a parameter would even be ok, if I then query the whole set of changes via the API. Any idea if this is possible with an available listener?

Thanks!

Igor Loskutov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2012

If I completely undestand you you trying to find some way to notify external service about some issue changes. When issue updated Jira drops various notifications. So you can write notification listener as a plugin and code your business-logic on Java, notificate external service directly from code using something like HTTPUrlConnection java class or any suitable library.

I can't remember any default listeners for this, maybe you can find your luck on atlassian plugins site.

jh June 3, 2012

Right, thank you. I knew it could be done somehow with the listeners, but I am not a Javaguru... So I can not really make one. Maybe I'll dive into it, the task doesn't seem too complex. I am basically working in the field of web development, so java isn't familiar.

So, I'll see if I find some thing, or will check out Java further.

0 votes
jh May 31, 2012

Anyone? Still didn't find a solution for it... Thanks!! JH

Suggest an answer