Is there any automated process in JIRA to clean up temp directory?

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

Guys,

Is there any automated process in JIRA to clean up temp directory?

Heshan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

Hi Heashan,

JIRA doesn't have such a function, I believe this would be implemented in Tomcat. However, you can create a cron job for doing so.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Hi Lucas,

But I have seen that capacity of the temp directory is change time to time. Why is that? Are we able to limit the maximum size of the temp directory?

Heshan

LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Heshan,

There's no way to predict how much space the $CATALINA_BASE/temp will use. It's tipically used for I/O operations, such as uploading files. I don't recommend you to impose any limit on it, some ugly stack traces may occur.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2013

I wouldn't clear it except when you're about to restart the Tomcat either - you don't know what it might be needing in there.

Suggest an answer