Is there any CSS class that is visible only when you are inside the admin interface?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

I am trying to find a workaround fix for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34521 and show some part of the custom field decription only in the admin interface by using CSS.

Now the problem is if there is ame existing CSS class that I can use for this.... or how to create one and inject it.

Note, I woudl prefer something else than the announcement banners as I do have to disable them quite ofter due to interaction bugs with other parts of Jira. Obviously I do not want to start seein the full decription field on the user-UI suddenly.

Otherwise, it could be acceptable if the description is hidden by default, without any css tricks.

I know that the full text will still be visible in the source HTML but that's not a problem.

2 answers

1 vote
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Why you don't write a little plugin which includes a css file? You will only have to set the context param for the webressource to sth like alt_admin

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2013

I would prefer not to write any Jira plugin and, if possible to find another alternative that is easier to maintain. I don't want to recompile the new plugin for each major upgrade of Jira. Now the API is already reaching generation 3 of plugins. It would add another thing to keep track of.... still if nobody has an alternative or already made plugin that can provide this, i will have to accept this answer ;) Thank you.

0 votes
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2013

The only alternative that I can think of is to use a special customFieldType which is implemented to show the field only to admins (which is also safer than only css hidding). But this have to be implemented in a plugin again. Sorry that I can't provide you a better answer.

If you at that point, feel free to contact me about custom plugin development as a service.

Suggest an answer