Is there an option/custom field to create Hyperlink to Intranet Folder

Amir Vegdani March 16, 2015

I need to create a custom field to create hyperlink to folder or file saved on intranet folder. Is there and option to do this?

3 answers

1 vote
Pavel Bryukhanov July 29, 2019

Despite this is marked as "Solved", I spent quite a few hours trying to understand how to fix this. 

You need to create a Text Field, and convert it to WIKI style text field. This way you will be able to post URL. 

Here is 5 minute video which I have created on how to do this. 

https://youtu.be/QCNHPy88iKA

I hope it helps. 

Piotr Śmigielski February 19, 2020

Hi Pavel, 

Great video, I think we can use it in our company, what do you think @Luke Dodd  ?

P

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2015

How are you publishing this "intranet folder"?  How would you normally get to it from your desktop - via a browser or file manager?  What do you type into them as the location?

Amir Vegdani March 17, 2015

I am publishing the intranet folder as file://///server\folder\path (I guess this works from IE but for some reason it doesn't work on Chrome and FF) We open desktop from file Manager..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2015

Yes, that's a UNC link, which are regarded as potential security threats, and hence turned off in most browsers. You can try setting your browser to understand the file: protocol, but I would not recommend it.

Naga_Janaki_Dwadasi August 23, 2018

so if its a unc link is there a way to make it clickable? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2018

Yes, setting your browser to understand the file: protocol.  Not recommended, as it's not standard and a possible security risk.

Naga_Janaki_Dwadasi August 24, 2018

thanks nic

0 votes
Joanne March 16, 2015

Have you tried : Select Administration -> Issues -> Fields -> Custom Fields -> Add Custom Field , select the URL field type and click Next, fill in the relevant values and after you click Finish select the screens that you want the field to appear on.

Amir Vegdani March 17, 2015

I have tried this but it only works in case of Webpage link and not the folder saved on Intranet or shared drive.

Suggest an answer