Is there an option/custom field to create Hyperlink to Intranet Folder

I need to create a custom field to create hyperlink to folder or file saved on intranet folder. Is there and option to do this?

2 answers

Have you tried : Select Administration -> Issues -> Fields -> Custom Fields -> Add Custom Field , select the URL field type and click Next, fill in the relevant values and after you click Finish select the screens that you want the field to appear on.

I have tried this but it only works in case of Webpage link and not the folder saved on Intranet or shared drive.

0 votes

How are you publishing this "intranet folder"?  How would you normally get to it from your desktop - via a browser or file manager?  What do you type into them as the location?

I am publishing the intranet folder as file://///server\folder\path (I guess this works from IE but for some reason it doesn't work on Chrome and FF) We open desktop from file Manager..

Yes, that's a UNC link, which are regarded as potential security threats, and hence turned off in most browsers. You can try setting your browser to understand the file: protocol, but I would not recommend it.

so if its a unc link is there a way to make it clickable? 

Yes, setting your browser to understand the file: protocol.  Not recommended, as it's not standard and a possible security risk.

thanks nic

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you