Is there an issue with the jira-project-admin group permissions?

Kenyon Barnette March 26, 2019

Using Jira Software Cloud on a Next Gen project I've discovered that the jira-project-admin group permission is not being properly recognized. Users in this group do not seem to have the functionality that is assigned to the group. Even after making the users Trusted users they do not have the ability to delete issues. Is there a known issue with how assigning permissions by Groups works? Do I need to create a Project Role instead?

2 answers

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

Hi @Kenyon Barnette

You can't associate a permission scheme to a next-gen project: I think you're looking at a permission scheme that is not associated with your current project. See documentation:

nextgen-permissions.pngYou'd need to add your jira-project-admin group to the Administrator role.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Thank you for pointing me in this direction. The project in question has Open access and the user in question is an Administrator. Looking at the article you reference she should have access to delete the issues created. The only difference between her user and mine is that I have site-admin and jira-administrators. As I type that out I am wondering if the user in question needs jira-administors access. 

M333628_user.PNG

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

Hi @Kenyon Barnette

She actually needs to be in the Administrators role in your project and not in the Administrators group, could you please check that?

Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 19.34.09.png

0 votes

M333628_permission.PNG

Suggest an answer