Is there an easy way to run reports to capture issues raised over a number of years

ryan o_sullivan December 15, 2017

The canned reports expect usage of a default workflow which  is not valid for our usage 

I need a to create a report of customer reported issues over the last 5 years , broken down by year , product and priority 

Currently I am creating queries and running each  of them seperately 

Is there an easier way ?

Example below , doing this is ok once but then breaking each  down by by product and priority is labour intensive

"

issuetype = Bug and createdDate  >= "2016/01/01"  and createdDate  <= "2016/12/31"  AND  status changed to (Closed, Implemented,verification)DURING ("2016/01/01","2016/12/31") and "Salesforce Case Reference" is not EMPTY"

2 answers

0 votes
Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

Hi Ryan,

You can check the possible solutions of how to create such reports in the demo account of eazyBI add-on for Jira. Please, find here the dashboard of several report examples of how the issue counts can be reported across different dimensions. You can also have your Jira custom fields as report dimension.

Please, feel free to contact eazyBI support if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Janis Plume, eazyBI support

ryan o_sullivan December 18, 2017

Thanks Janis , I will  have a look at this for sure

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

It sounds like a prototypical problem that can be solved with a regular pivot table report.

You can create those with Better Excel Plugin (samples) in Excel or with EasyBI in the web.

jira-created-vs-resolved-pivot-chart

ryan o_sullivan December 18, 2017

Thanks Aron

I will  definitely investigate these , for now i hand craft the data sheets in excel . it took a day to  do it across products and priorities 

Suggest an answer