Is there an easier way to find every Screen associated with a particular issue type?

Luke Galardi November 28, 2017

I'd like to quickly find every screen that is used when creating/editing/viewing a specific issue type.  Knowing I have a large JIRA instance with hundreds of screens and many issue types, how would one do this quickly?

Currently, I can laboriously find these screens by:

1.  Looking at each 'Issue Type Screen Scheme'
  2.  Finding the specific issue type in that scheme
  3.  Opening the Screen Scheme for the issue type
  4.  Opening the Screen in that Screen Scheme

Is there a more efficient way?  Thank You!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Hello,

You can go to Project Administration and choose there Screen tab in the vertical menu. Then you will be able to see all issuetypes for the project and connected screen schemes to the issue types. You can edit the screen shemes right from there.

Luke Galardi November 28, 2017

Thanks for the reply, Alexey.   Unfortunately, we have many,many Jira projects and this would require I open each and every project, which would not save any time.   

I wonder if there are entries in the Jira Database tables that show screen / issue type associations?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

It would be something like this

SELECT c.pname issutypename, issuetype issuetypeid, f.name screenname, a.id screenid, b.name issuetypescreenname, d.name screenscheme
FROM issuetypescreenschemeentity a, issuetypescreenscheme b, issuetype c,
fieldscreenscheme d, fieldscreenschemeitem e, fieldscreen f
where a.scheme = b.id
and a.issuetype = c.id
and a.fieldscreenscheme = d.id
and e.fieldscreenscheme = d.id
and e.fieldscreen = f.id
order by pname;
Like # people like this
Luke Galardi November 30, 2017

Thank You!  I will give it a try

Suggest an answer