Is there an easier way to calculate sum of original estimates?

Deleted user April 14, 2015

Aim:
To easily calculate the sum of original estimates in a filtered set of issues. 

Currently:

1. Search using filter
  2. Export to excel
  3. Format (unmerge cells)
  4. Sum 'Original Estimates' column
  5. Convert to hours

Solution:
Is there anything JIRA can do to vastly improve what seems to be a trivial task? 

4 answers

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2015

If you want to do this in Excel, use the Better Excel Plugin. You can easily define an Excel template that makes step 3,4,5 automatic for you. (Tip: use the SUM() function for the calculation, and a formula for the conversion.)

If you want to do this right in Issue Navigator, you could also try the SumUp plugin.

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2015

Thank you for introducing SumUp! :)

1 vote
Damian Rosochacki April 14, 2015

If you have Script Runner installed, you can use Aggregate Expressions in JQL: 

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-AggregateExpressions

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2015

Hi

I think JIRA do every thing based on Issues and your calculated filed doesn't belong to any issue. laugh

I suggest this trick wink

• Create New Project
  • Create a fake Issue - I suggest to name it project static data od something else
  • Create a calculated number filed(F1) and use your company conversion rate for week to day and day to hour. and put this in your main projects issue
  • Create another calculated field and put it in your fake issue and show the sum of (F1)
  • You can use other fields and reserve this project just for showing some aggregated data of all your organization projects.

and use Script Runner plugin for doing this!

0 votes
Deleted user April 14, 2015

Thanks Damian.

That does summarize the duration left in "x weeks y days z hours".
I wanted a total "hours" figure for this, but each company will have a different figure for how many hours equates to 1 day, etc.

In the meantime, its copying that "x weeks y days z hours"  into another spreadsheet (lol) that I've configured to give me a total hours figure. I know I could get someone to look at the code in our settings, I'll get to that sometime in the future.

Still, a win (and cut in time spent) compared to the previous steps.  Cheers for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events