Is there an RSS Feed reader gadget?

Elijah May 15, 2015

Need clarification on this topic.
We have JIRA 4.1.2 

I was told to make a video of the RSS use in our JIRA application.

I was under the impression that the RSS Feed in JIRA would be like a stock banner where the items would be displayed in. I don't see anything like this at all. The closest thing I see is the Activity Stream Gadget with an RSS link on it.

Am I wrong? Is there no RSS Gadget Banner. Can someone post an image of what it is that I'm suppose to be looking for?

My knowledge of JIRA is that I can spell it and I know how to click on the mouse buttons smile

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2015

With a JIRA that old, you'll be hard press to find anything that would work.

I think that if you create a JIRA filter, grab the XML for the filter results and use it in a RSS client, that may work for you.

Elijah May 15, 2015

I'm being told they use to have an RSS in the version we have installed but they had turned it off sometime last year. They claim it operated like a stock ticker at the bottom of the screen. Unfortunately the person who had disabled it left the company before I came on board. 

So, I'm trying to find where it would be hidden under in the Administration or other areas of the site.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2015

It should be a module that you will enabled in your Plugins in the Administration.

Elijah May 15, 2015

I have looked through my developer system our test system and our test laptop looking for some kind of module/gadget whatever you call it that may be called RSS and cannot find a single thing that appears to be what we need. Can someone tell me what its called at least?

Suggest an answer