Is there a way using JQL in JIRA to search all projects?

Crazz richard May 17, 2013

Is there a way using JQL in JIRA to search all projects?

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Dev Team July 12, 2016

I use 'project is not empty' and that seems to work for me smile

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

Or just don't mention project at all in the query.  As all issues belong to projects, your clause is totally redundant.

1 vote
Crazz richard June 2, 2013

Hello. thank you that is very helpfull. As a follow up i want to get a list of the latest released versions for all projects.

Thanks again

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2013

That's not really possible.

Jira's search finds issues. Not versions. So you can find issues with unreleased versions, but not the versions themselves. Two tricks though:

1. Use the advanced JQL search, and look for the "help" icon. Then look for JQL functions, and if you're on a later version of Jira, you'll find functions that can help you filter for released/unreleased

2. Once you've got a good filter for issues, try using it on a dashboard. The easy example is to put the filter through a "filter statistics" gadget, and select "version" as the grouping statistic. This will give you a bar chart listing versions and the number of issues in them. Which is close to what you need!

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2013

Hi Mark, while you don't specificate a project in the search you will see results of all the projects you have permissions to see.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2013

Yup, just leave out "project =/in"

Sachin Reddy June 7, 2017

Can you please tell me the complete JQL for this, I tried doing project=/in AND status = "done" but I didn't get any results.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question