Is there a way using JQL in JIRA to search all projects?

Is there a way using JQL in JIRA to search all projects?

3 answers

Comments Closed
This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mark, while you don't specificate a project in the search you will see results of all the projects you have permissions to see.

Yup, just leave out "project =/in"

Can you please tell me the complete JQL for this, I tried doing project=/in AND status = "done" but I didn't get any results.

Hello. thank you that is very helpfull. As a follow up i want to get a list of the latest released versions for all projects.

Thanks again

That's not really possible.

Jira's search finds issues. Not versions. So you can find issues with unreleased versions, but not the versions themselves. Two tricks though:

1. Use the advanced JQL search, and look for the "help" icon. Then look for JQL functions, and if you're on a later version of Jira, you'll find functions that can help you filter for released/unreleased

2. Once you've got a good filter for issues, try using it on a dashboard. The easy example is to put the filter through a "filter statistics" gadget, and select "version" as the grouping statistic. This will give you a bar chart listing versions and the number of issues in them. Which is close to what you need!

I use 'project is not empty' and that seems to work for me smile

Or just don't mention project at all in the query.  As all issues belong to projects, your clause is totally redundant.

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

115 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you