Is there a way to use the Dashboard name in a filter as a variable?

I manage multiple programs each with its own dashboard. Each Dashboard has a set of filters that reference the program name. If I could name the dashboard after the program I could have one set of filters that can be used for all programs.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Mar 12, 2013

Hey there, Andrew.

Interesting thought but as of now, I don't think that there are any feature in JIRA's JQL that allows the Dashboard's name to be used as a parameter / variable. Perhaps it can be considered as a Feature request that the developers would be interested to implement in the future releases of JIRA.

Warm regards,

Danial

This widget could not be displayed.

I would consider just "managing" progammatically the set of filters.

When creating a project I create a set of filters and a dashboard in code, and could modify a particular query for each project, eg "stories in this iteration with impediment" in one hit. It's not an easy solution but I think it's the only way to go.

In many contexts the dashboard variable wouldn't be set, so I can't see how this would be implemented.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

81 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you