Is there a way to track page views for a JIRA dashboard?

Michael Marvosh September 11, 2015

Tracking is pretty robust in confluence, but I would like to see how many people are viewing a specific dashboard. 

Apart from hacking in google analytics (which is the solution I'm currently pursuing) is there any easy way to do this with built-in or add-on functionality?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
marco_garcia_ September 15, 2015

To confirm, there is not a method for adding the Google Analytics script to the Atlassian Cloud Apps as it's javascript based which makes it a restricted function. There is not a built-in method for tracking page views within JIRA. I do see that there's currently a third party unsupported add-on that claims to provide usage statistics for JIRA Issues, but doesn't mention any functionality for JIRA Dashboards. You can check the Usage Statistics for JIRA add-on in the marketplace for more information on that, or explore creating an Atlassian Connect add-on with the functionality.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2015

Let me not that your question is a little confusing. You start it with "...in confluence", but the question relates to JIRA?!

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2015

I don't think there is any way to do this out of the box. You could probably create an Atlassian Connect add-on which performed the logging and presentation for you. I don't think you can inject GA into our Cloud offering.

Suggest an answer