Is there a way to track page views for a JIRA dashboard?

Tracking is pretty robust in confluence, but I would like to see how many people are viewing a specific dashboard. 

Apart from hacking in google analytics (which is the solution I'm currently pursuing) is there any easy way to do this with built-in or add-on functionality?

Thanks!

3 answers

To confirm, there is not a method for adding the Google Analytics script to the Atlassian Cloud Apps as it's javascript based which makes it a restricted function. There is not a built-in method for tracking page views within JIRA. I do see that there's currently a third party unsupported add-on that claims to provide usage statistics for JIRA Issues, but doesn't mention any functionality for JIRA Dashboards. You can check the Usage Statistics for JIRA add-on in the marketplace for more information on that, or explore creating an Atlassian Connect add-on with the functionality.

0 vote
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Sep 11, 2015

I don't think there is any way to do this out of the box. You could probably create an Atlassian Connect add-on which performed the logging and presentation for you. I don't think you can inject GA into our Cloud offering.

Let me not that your question is a little confusing. You start it with "...in confluence", but the question relates to JIRA?!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

111 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you