• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is there a way to track changes done in entire JIRA is last 3 hours? I accidentally restored Prod server to last night's backup. I realized it and I restarted the server right away. I had no other opton and had to restore prod to last night's backup.. is

Is there a way to track changes done in entire JIRA is last 3 hours? I accidentally restored Prod server to last night's backup. I realized it and I restarted the server right away. I had no other opton and had to restore prod to last night's backup.. is

Srikanth G February 22, 2016

Is there a way to track changes done in entire JIRA is last 3 hours? I accidentally restored Prod server to last night's backup. I realized it and I restarted the server right away. I had no other opton and had to restore prod to last night's backup by switching to BCP database.. is there a way I could all issues created in last few hours.

Also, I have some other wierd issues.

1. There are two issues with same ID..I click on one , it says 'Issue does not exist'. JIRA is now creating new issues with same ID again. Both old and new issues with same ID are appearing on sprint boards and an filters page.
  2. 2. Also, Publishing Workflows schemes is taking forver to migarte old issues to nw workflow.

Please help ASAP

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2016

Your index is corrupted for a start (it's several hours ahead of your backups).  When you swapped to the BCP server, did you do a full re-index of the system?

I'm not sure about replaying three hours work, from what you've said, you've destroyed your production system by overwriting it with a backup - that's not recoverable unless you've logged very single SQL update somehow.

Ok what are my options now? Do you think siwtcjing back to prod database and restoring last night's data will help us?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2016

I'm really not sure - I do not know what your backups are of, or what was on your BCP server.  What form did your backups take?

I really did not undertsand your question so I would not jump to conclusion.

We use mysql database on both Prod and BCP. We use JIRA UI to store backups. Its under admin menu. JIRA restores back upto export folder..we copy the file from export to import folder.. go to JIRA admin menu and restore the backup file ... let me know if this info helps...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2016

It's ok, you answered everything - your backups are the JIRA XML exports. 

Those should be restorable, and get you back to where you were when they were taken.  That's the best you're going to be able to do with them.

by the way just to give you more info, when we I did the prod restore from last night's backup file, it went through fine but it would not allow anyone to login..not even admin.. so that is the reason we used BCP database os that it will restore directories and we could login..that was the plan and after using that BCP server we were able to lgin.

Then we did the restore using last night's backup when these errors started showing up.

1. There are two issues with same ID..I click on one , it says 'Issue does not exist'. JIRA is now creating new issues with same ID again. Both old and new issues with same ID are appearing on sprint boards and an filters page.
  2. Also, Publishing Workflows schemes is taking forver to migarte old issues to nw workflow.
  3. DVCS links are missing completely etc. are few problems to name a few
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2016

When you did this restore, you do mean a full, complete import from the XML backup?  And the system did a full re-index after the import was complete?

Suggest an answer